|October 31, 2014||Posted by Madeline @ Food, Fitness, and Family under Family, Random|
1. Happy Halloween friends! I am actually off school today and am anxiously awaiting taking the girls Trick-or-Treating tonight! I think this is the first year that Emmalyne “gets it” which makes the holidays THAT much more exciting. We are just hitting our neighborhood but that will be more than enough. And thank goodness it’s not a school night because goodness knows the sugar high is probably going to make for a later-than-normal bedtime.
2. I’ve been having some more fun mixing patterns after last week’s leopard and stripes. This week I went with stripes and a chambray shirt with hearts on it. LOVED the combo and am loving being able to comfortably layer clothes now that the weather is cooling down.
3. This start to the quarter has been pretty challenging in regards to food and fitness. I am in need of a serious refocusing session. I think after this weekend I can settle into the groove of my quarter. My first couple of weeks were JAMMED with my clinical experience, ACLS training, and 4 tests. While I still have exams, the other high stress components of my quarter are behind me. WHEW.
4. Is it weird that I am totally looking forward to having time to pick up my house this weekend? Do you love to clean or is it just me? There’s a satisfying feeling that comes with a super clean house. That’s the Type A in me coming out … but for once in a good way
5. Bryn is a powerhouse when it comes to chowing down food. She hasn’t met a food she doesn’t like yet. One of her absolute favorite snacks are MumMums. She’s had the opportunity to try ALL the MumMum flavors thanks to the company sending us some to try! I don’t think she has a favorite because she likes them all but new-to-us flavors were carrot and apple. I really love the convenience of those snacks and really love the company. You can find them at most of your grocery stores in the baby aisle and I have found a good selection of flavors at Babies’R’Us.
Hope you guys have a happy and SAFE Halloween if you are going out. Wear reflective clothing, don’t eat unwrapped candy, and have way too much fun See you Monday!
|October 30, 2014||Baby|
… Than a baby in a diaper. Disclosure: I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Mom Central for Huggies and Target. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation. It’s been a long week you guys. I am officially wrapping […] more
|October 29, 2014||Misc|
I am Type A. Throughout my life I have always sought to be perfect. I don’t know why I felt the need to, because certainly no one in my family expected me to be, but I just HAD to be. I like things being just so, my closet is color coordinated, and my Google calendar keeps me […] more
|October 24, 2014||Fashion|
Fall is definitely here in the South! The days in the 80s are dwindling and cooler weather is here. Besides craving soups I am also loving the change in my wardrobe. One of the things that I am playing with this season is mixing some patterns. I’ll be the first to admit that for many […] more
|October 23, 2014||Recipes|
This is a sponsored opportunity with Foodie.com. Today was the first day this fall where it was seriously chilly out when I left to go to school. I am all about warm weather but there is just something about the crispness of fall that I am currently craving. When the weather gets cooler my meal […] more