Time has gotten away from me the last couple of days…I apologize!
The hubs had his LAST day of work at Fort Hood. This day was a little bittersweet for both of us. Chris has been stationed here for 3 years and the place holds a lot of memories for both of us. Our first home, promotions, deployment, etc. We have also made a ton of amazing friends during our time here. BUT the nature of the Army is that nothing is permanent so we are excited for our next adventure
Thursday morning we had Chris’ PCS award ceremony. It was nice to see so many of his old soldiers make it a point to come to this event. I am so proud of my husband and it warms my heart to know how much his soldiers love and appreciate him – mainly because I know how much Chris loves them back!
Thursday night we had game night version 2.0 – lol. Has anyone else played the adult version of Loaded Questions? If not, I suggest you do. WELL, that is if you don’t mind learning A LOT about your friends 😉
Chris and I became ‘grown ups’ and discovered Sam’s Club. Had no idea what we were missing out on! We stocked up on essentials … toilet paper, paper towels, DIAPERS, etc. So much fun. Then we spent the afternoon with this beauty:
Friday night we had a dinner out with friends to celebrate one of Chris’ old soldiers’ birthday. SO much fun seeing everyone
Cinnamon raisin french toast, egg+egg white scramble, and fruit salad.
Pregnancy Moment: so I THOUGHT we had everything for baby and I realized yesterday there was something important we forgot…the crib mattress! So we picked one up today. PHEW.
Chicken Marsala (Yields 3-4 servings)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 3 tablespoons Earth Balance Soy-Free Butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine (I used Chardonnay) **you can also use marsala wine but I didn’t have any
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- Whole wheat fettucini
- Pound chicken breasts into 1/4 inch thick pieces (I used thin-sliced chicken breasts and avoided this step)
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, and basil.
- Dredge chicken through your flour mixture.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken in the skillet until lightly browned on one side (2-3 minutes). Flip chicken.
- Add mushrooms and wine to the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and juice is no longer pink.
- Serve over cooked whole-wheat fettucini (I lightly buttered our noodles and added chopped fresh basil)