One Month Countdown!
|March 15, 2012||Posted by Madeline @ Food, Fitness, and Family under Army, Moving|
Before I get to the countdown, I just wanted to thank you guys once more for your support about my allergy testing! I got the awful patches off yesterday morning … thank goodness! I found out I am allergic to nickel and thimerosal. Thimerasol is a compound with antiseptic and antifungal properties. It is commonly used in nose, eye, and ear medications, antiseptic sprays, and vaccines. I had a MAJOR reaction to it so basically it is on the major “no no” list for me. Luckily it isn’t absurdly common so it should be relatively easy to avoid. However, this didn’t really tell us what is going on with my skin … it just told when is not going on. So I am going back Monday.
Any-who … I recently realized that I never updated you all on my moving situation! If you follow me on twitter or Facebook this is old news BUT we are NOT moving to Hawaii. Instead, Fort Stewart, outside of Savannah, GA will be our new home for the next 3ish years!
To say we are THRILLED would be an understatement. There are SO many things I am looking forward to:
- The restaurants. Super excited to have more than 3 restaurants to choose from!
- The history. Savannah has historical significance all the way back to The Revolutionary War. It also has a lot of Civil War Significance too. Chris was a history major in college and I find battlefields fascinating so we are excited!
- Target. The bulls-eye is calling for me. We don’t have a Target here at Fort Leonard Wood and I feel deprived.
- The opportunities. I can apply to graduate school in Savannah! I am getting ready to chase some dreams.
- The beer. Apparently Savannah was one of “America’s Best Cities for Beer” according to Travel + Leisure Magazine
- Southern hospitality. There really isn’t anything else like it in the world
- Chris’ Career. Chris has an incredible career opportunity at Fort Stewart. We are so excited for this next chapter in his military career.
Needless to say I am incredibly excited and ready to get this show on the road! At the same time I feel like we JUST moved … which I guess we did because we moved from Texas to Missouri in September haha. We are one month away from the big move but less than that before our movers come. Yes, the movers. Unlike last time (when we moved ourselves) we are allowing the Army to move us this time. Why? We simply outgrew the biggest moving truck we could rent. OOPS.
Here is our “to do” list:
Meet with transportation and schedule movers. They’re coming April 9-10! Turn in 30 day notice here. DONE Notify utilities here. DONE
- Get updated shot records for the dogs.
- Vehicle maintenance.
- Find a house in Savannah.
- Determine what we are packing in our cars and separate it from the rest of the house.
- Inventory household goods.
- Clean house and patch holes.
Chris graduates Captain’s Career Course April 13. We are running the Go! St. Louis Half-Marathon on April 15. We are leaving Missouri April 17. WHEW. Hopefully we didn’t bite off more than we can chew 😉 Thank you for all your encouragement when I thought we were moving to Hawaii. I am so grateful to have such an awesome community to be a part of. However, I am so excited that my prayers were answered and we don’t have to learn to love aloha
Here’s to the next chapter of our Army adventure.
When was the last time you moved?