Super Nutrients

Lately I have become more and more interested in eating cleaner and adding more healthy options to my diet.  I typically aim to eat clean 80% of the time with the remaining 20% being devoted to some indulgences.  I really like this style of eating and it has worked for me.  Although I officially reached my pre-pregnancy weight at 7 months postpartum I now want to focus on gaining more lean muscle and continuing to tone up.  I won’t be giving up my beloved occasional beer any time soon, so in the meantime I have been thinking about how to add some new things into my diet that will benefit me longterm.

 

When it comes to supplementation I firmly believe that quick-fix pills don’t work.  Natural supplements on the other hand can definitely be beneficial.  That is why I am going to be incorporating Spirulina and BioAstin into my routine courtesy of Nutex Hawaii.

 

 

What is Spirulina?

 

Spirulina is a microalga that has been consumed by humans dating back to the 16th century and is known for it’s protein, vitamin, and mineral content.  Spirulina contains 5500% more iron than spinach and 31-times more antioxidants than blueberries!  Those are some pretty solid nutritional facts if you ask me!

 

Some of the potential health benefits of supplementing with spirulina include:

  • Strengthening of the immune system
  • Boosting energy levels
  • Supports cellular health
  • Supports cardiovascular, eye, and brain health

 

What is BioAstin?

 

The BioAstin supplement is Hawaiian Astaxanthin.  Astaxanthin is one of nature’s most powerful antioxidants and is a carotenoid.  Antioxidants are super important for cellular health.  They help to stabilize free-radicals found in our bodies … free radicals cause cellular damage and have been linked to various diseases.  The science nerd in me loves the fact that half of the Astaxanthin molecule is fat-soluble while the other end is water-soluble allowing it to protect your entire cell!

 

Some of the health benefits associated with BioAstin:

•  Supports joint and tendon health
•  Supports skin during UV and sun exposure
•  Supports eye and brain health
•  Improves recovery from exercise
I am really excited to be trying these products and will let you know what I think of them!

 

Have you ever taken either of these supplements before?  Had you ever heard of them?
If your answer is no to either of those questions, come join me for a Twitter Chat TONIGHT at 8pm CST for a #SuperNutrients Twitter Party!
*FitFluential LLC compensated me for this campaign. All opinions are my own.