A Look Back on My Goals for 2012
|December 31, 2012||Posted by Madeline @ Food, Fitness, and Family under Uncategorized|
Happy New Year’s Eve! I can hardly believe that tomorrow is a brand new year. 2012 was a big year for us. A few of our highlights:
- I ran (and PRd) in two half marathons … The Go! St. Louis in April and Rock-N-Roll Savannah in November
- We moved to Savannah
- Emmie went to the beach for the first time
- Chris took command of a military police company
- My dad had major surgery … and is doing GREAT
- Emmie turned one
- I broke into the 25′s for my 5K time
- We celebrated our first Christmas away from family
So much more happened this year but those are just a few of the stand-outs for me. A big part about today for me is also to reflect upon the goals I set at the beginning of 2012. I am proud to say I accomplished many of them!
- Clean up my diet … bring less processed food into the house - We have done pretty good about this one but have been slipping the last two months so I am going to say did not accomplish.
Get to the gym 4-5 times a week– definitely accomplished this one! Lose the the baby weight and get to my goal weight– I am happily sitting 6 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight and wrote about my journey in my 12 month post-baby body update. Beat my last half marathon time- done and done
- Cut WAY back on Diet Coke – umm oops? My bad. Epic fail.
- Go on a date night with the hubs every month … hire a sitter – oh how naive I was at the beginning of the year! HA. We have gone on a handful of dates and I can count on one hand how many times we have hired a sitter. However, every time a grandparent visits we take full advantage.
Eat dinner at the dinner table with the TV off most nights- Emmie and I always eat at the table and the nights Chris is home we manage to eat at the table 95% of the time. Get the hubs a gift just because– I bought him his Nike “Running Sucks” shirt on a whim
- Organize her photos into a scrapbook/digital book – FAIL
Breastfeed until she is 1 year old … or until she bites- SUCCESS. I breastfed until just about 13 months Make all her baby food from scratch- We ended up doing Baby Led Weaning and LOVED it. Start teaching her baby sign language– does it count if she knows “all done”? I am going to say yes. However, she has a pretty good vocabulary and can communicate most her needs.
- Find a play group for her to join – any tips as to how to do this one??
- Sign up for a baby class (IE Gymboree, musicology, swim…) – not a lot of selection in Richmond Hill and we ended up being out of town for most of the swim sessions and there’s a wait list for the gym class on post.
Work on my photography … maybe take a class- I haven’t taken a class but I think my pictures have gotten better over the year. I guess you can be the judge of that though. Start working on my PA applications– didn’t get in for 2013. Apply again in April!
- Journal more – FAIL
- Continue attending church weekly as a family – needs improvement. But we really like the church here and have friends that go too.
- Actually make it to most holy days of obligation – FAIL.
Keep in better touch with friends and family– Doing pretty good on this one!
Overall I am pretty happy with how my resolutions turned out for the year. I will be back in the morning with my new ones for 2013. Don’t be surprised if some of the epic fails are on there again See you next year!