I have been wanting to start juicing for awhile now but wasn’t ready to shell out the money for a juice or make room in my already crowded kitchen for another appliance. After searching Google for ideas, I decided to try using my food processor. Spoiler: it works like a charm. I have been thoroughly enjoying these juices the last couple of days and you can too!
Fine metal strainer
Medium size bowl
Mason jar with lid
1. Fill your food processor with your desired fruits and veggies. In this one, I had kale, spinach, celery, carrots, and apple. Turn on and let it blend for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add some water. I add about a cup of water each time. Blend for 3-5 minutes.
3. Place a fine metal strainer over a bowl. Pour your belnded mixture into the strainer.
4. Use a spoon to press the juice out of the pulp. Move the pulp around and try to get every last drop. Don’t worry if some of the pulp goes through the strainer, we will get that in a second.
5. Your pulp should look like this 😉
6. Place some cheesecloth over the jar you’ll use to store you choice. Pour the contents of the bowl into the cheesecloth.
7. Let gravity work for a second and the jucie to strain through the cheesecloth.
8. Squeeze every last drop of juice out of the cheesecloth. Store your juice and enjoy!
And you probably noticed the mess in steps 6-8 … that’s what happens when you try to take your own photos of the steps and are too lazy to start over 😉
I was more sad about the wasted juice than the ruined photos. Priorities people 😉
Any – who … Overall I think juicing using a food processor is relatively simple and the clean-up is a breeze. I make my juice for the next morning while Emmalyne is eating lunch and store it in a sealed mason jar. I think the whole process takes me less than 10 minutes. While it might be a little more time consuming that using a juicer, it saves me money and space so I’ll take it!
Don’t forget to enter my race accomplishment keychain giveaway!
Now that I am happily juicing, what are some of your favorite juice combos? I need some ideas