New Year’s Resolutions: 2013
|January 1, 2013||Posted by Madeline @ Food, Fitness, and Family under Goals|
Happy New Year!! We spent our evening hanging out at home with our friend Mike. Now that we have a kiddo our nights are a little less crazy and a little more homebody but we had a great night complete with a surf and turf feast and some champagne bubbly. After looking back at 2012 yesterday, I am super ready to jump into 2013 feet first with some new resolutions
- Clean up my eats – this will probably forever be on my resolution list
- Limit to one Diet Coke a day - giving up soda has been an epic fail in the past so limiting it might be a good baby step
- Run at least 5 races - Hate paying registration fees so logging at least 5 organized races would be an accomplishment
- Log 700-ish miles – this is more than I logged this year so go big or go home
- Do an unassisted forearm stand – can currently kick up on the wall but not off
- Do an unassisted pull-up – dream big?
- Do yoga 1-2 times a week minimum - in the class setting.
- More date nights - once a month might be pushing it but we might just have negotiated a date swap with a friend of ours so stay tuned
- Make a better point of showing appreciation to Chris - After being married for awhile it’s easy to take things for granted.
- Buy Chris a present just because – I loved this one from last year so I’m bringing it back
- Take Em for a walk 3-4 times a week
- Enroll Em into a class of some sort
- De-clutter our baby gear
- Be more consistent with regular church mass and holy days
- Organize our family photos
- Walk the dogs 4-5 days a week
- Read 10 books
- Try 1 new recipe a month
- Remember more family birthdays and actually send cards – I tend to remember the birthday but forget the card … I blame mommy brain
Any-who … I tend to add things to my list throughout the year and you never know what the year will bring that throws a kink in the plans.
What’s one of your New Year’s Resolutions?