Cathe XTRAIN Workout Series
|March 12, 2013||Posted by Madeline @ Food, Fitness, and Family under FitFluential, Fitness, Reviews, Sponsored|
As a busy mom sometimes fitting in a trip to the gym can be challenging. Sometimes Emmalyne just isn’t feeling it and we stay home. Although I could use that as an excuse to skip a workout I try my best not to. Part of the reason I am successful is we have built a small library of workout DVDs. I have to admit though, doing the same DVD over and over gets boring and old really fast. But guys, I find a DVD set that hasn’t gotten old yet.
As you all know, I am a FitFluential Ambassador and my partnership with them has given me the opportunity to do fun things (Dirty Girl mud run anyone?) and try out some awesome products. I recently got sent the XTRAIN Workout Series by Cathe Friedrichto try out and I am hooked. From the Cathe website:
“XTrain is the ultimate total body fitness conditioning program that has been designed to crush calories, incinerate fat and work and tone your muscles like never before”. (source)
Incinerate fat and torch calories? Sounds pretty awesome to me. So I was pretty stoked when the series arrived at my house.
The workout series comes with four different programs ranging from 30-90 days. On top of that, Cathe has designed each DVD to have optional premixes so no matter how hectic your schedule is, there is a workout to fit it. The set I got has 9 DVDs:
- Disc 1: Chest, Back, and Shoulders
- Disc 2: Bi’s and Tri’s
- Disc 3: Burn Sets
- Disc 4: Super Cuts
- Disc 5: Legs
- Disc 6: Cardio Leg Blast
- Disc 7: All Out Low Impact HIIT
- Disc 8: Hard Strikes
- Disc 9: Tabatacise
The first DVD I tried was Disc 2: Bi’s and Tri’s (Rounds 1-5 + Core #1). The equipment needed was dumbbells, a stability ball, and medium resistance tubing. I had the dumbbells and stability ball but was missing the resistance bands so I improvised. I started off with 10 pound dumbbells but realized that I was going to meed 5 pound ones as well.
Holy moly. I definitely felt the burn. I struggled getting through all the reps on some of the exercises. The bonus core workout set my abs on fire as well. I have also done Disc 1 (chest, back, and shoulders) and Disc 5 (Legs) and all of them provided a good level of intensity and a killer burn in my muscles.
So, what are my thoughts?
- With 140+ different premixes it is really hard to get bored.
- Each premix is a different length of time so you can fit your workout to your schedule.
- None of the workouts were easy and all of them left me feeling sore so I know I got a good workout in.
- Cathe is a energetic and fun instructor. It’s easy to go along with her.
- The user’s guide provides a weekly schedule of workouts for each plan. It also details how much weight Cathe uses in each exercise and the reps making following along easier.
- I didn’t have all the required equipment. Some of the equipment it called for was: a firewalker loop, resistance tubing, a step with 5 risers, boxing gloves, dixie cupes, and Slide N Glide Discs. I could substitute paper plates for the glide disks but 5 risers is a lot and it’s hard to sub for the firewalker loop.
Cathe is really a pioneer in the the fitness exercise DVD business and has been doing it for over twenty years. Even though she has been around for a long time, the XTRAIN Workout Series was fresh and modern in my opinion. Overall I am really excited that the series is part of my home gym collection. When I pop in any of the discs I know that I am going to get a quality workout that I can tailor to my needs and busy schedule.
Do you like working out at home? Do you use workout DVDs?
Disclosure: As a FitFluential Ambassador I received the Cathe XTRAIN Workout Series at no charge. No additional compensation was provided. All opinions are honest and 100% mine.