In the recent months since taking my boards I have been asked on a number of occasions what materials I used to prep for my PANCE. This review has literally been in the works for MONTHS and I am excited to bring it to you today. While I am getting a post together on all the resources I used for my boards I wanted to focus today on one in particular – the CME4LIFE PANCE/PANRE Board Review.
I was first introduced to the CME4LIFE Board Review through their amazing FB page. They would post weekly questions and the school who had the most correct answers won and received a free copy of one of the DVDs. My school won the hematology DVD and one viewing and I was hooked. Back as I was preparing for my PANCE, John Bielinski and his team was kind enough to send me the entire set in exchange for a review. Needless to say I was thrilled to do so.
CME4LIFE is owned by John Bielinski, PA-C. John is a practicing physician assistant in New York and specializes in emergency medicine and family medicine. He created the company after years of frustration when attending CME conferences. John is passionate about helping others learn and retain challenging information.
CME4LIFE PANCE/PANRE Review
CME4Life offers a variety of products on their website but the one I was most interested in was the PANCE/PANRE review course. The DVD set I received contains 17 CDs jam packed with information
- EENT(Eyes, Ears, Nose and Throat)
- Genitourinary / Reproductive
- Infectious Diseases
- EKG Interpretation
- Bugs and Drugs
What I Liked
- John makes the material easy to understand. He breaks it down into simple terms and employs memory tricks to help you retain the information.
- There’s no wasted time. If you have sat through other board reviews you know that sometimes a lot of valuable time is wasted on low-yield information. Not the case with CME4LIFE. All the information presented is relevant and high-yield.
- It’s entertaining. I can honestly say I was not board at all.
- I used the information presented and applied it to my PANCE successfully. There were a number of times on my boards that I utilized the memory tricks that John taught to answer the question correctly.
- Classmates of mine that struggled with retention said that the DVD they received was the first time a topic made sense to the point that they could remember it.
How I Used the DVDs
Now I will say that even though the CME4LIFE DVDs are fabulous they are not intended to be your ONLY source of information. I used the DVDs as a supplement to the reading I did on the side. I made sure to read about the topics covered on the PANCE/PANRE blueprint put out by NCCPA. Then, when I finished an organ system, I would watch the CME4LIFE DVD. I often picked up tricks to help remember things I had already read about and many times caught things I had missed in my reading.
Overall I really like the CME4LIFE PANCE/PANRE DVDs. Now as a practicing physician assistant I am eyeing their options for CME including their self-assessment and performance improvement options.
I’d love to answer any specific questions you have! Leave them in the comments below. Thank you CME4LIFE for letting me review your awesome product!
I received this product to review free of charge. No other compensation was received.