|June 10, 2013||Posted by Madeline @ Food, Fitness, and Family under Pregnancy|
Happy Monday folks! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend … I know we did! Chris and I finally went out to dinner for our anniversary on Saturday and I can’t wait to share more about that tomorrow. Such good food! Any-who … moving on to this week’s pregnancy update
What is baby up to at 15 weeks?
- Baby is the size of an apple and measures around 4 inches in length (or more if you’re my jellybean)
- Baby can sense light even though their eyes are still fused shut
- Baby is forming tastebuds and will hopefully be a foodie baby like their big sister is
How is mama doing?
Weight Gain: Still sitting at -6lbs. Had a OB appointment on Friday and they are happy to see some of the weight coming back on. I have gained back 3 of the 9 pounds I lost so getting back on track. For anyone concerned … don’t be. I lost 15 pounds with Em and still went on to gain 32 pounds ;)
Fitness: I have a date with the gym tomorrow morning! Chris and I walked around Savannah for our anniversary and I have definitely been feeling a bit more energetic and less sick. Ready to break a sweat. It’s driving me LOONY that I haven’t!
- “Morning” Sickness – Dare I say I have felt pretty good the last couple of days?! I remember starting to feel a bit more normal around this time with Em with only a few bad episodes every week so fingers crossed this continues
- Super Pee-er - oh the joys of pregnancy
- Dry Skin - thanks for your suggestions last week! I found my Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter works wonders on my dry spots
- Cravings – nada
NT Testing Results: At my OB appointment we went over the NT test results. Everything looks great! The only thing is is that Jellybean is measuring 5 days ahead right now. Not too surprising considering Em was a good size baby. No due date change at this point.
Looking Forward To: My birthday next weekend, Father’s Day, and a dear friend’s baby shower that I am hosting with Heather and our friend Cassie. We also have our next appointment and our anatomy ultrasound scheduled! Also super stoked that the house we own in Texas is RENTED for another year!
- Get back to the gym
- Use my cleaning schedule for the first time in 2 months and get my house in order
|June 7, 2013||Posted by Madeline @ Food, Fitness, and Family under Sponsored|
Disclaimer: I received a free Bestowed box in exchange for a review. The box I am reviewing is actually the March box. The company graciously allowed me to delay my review until I felt less like a zombie and more like a human. All opinions are my own.
I drive Chris nuts sometimes. I mean doesn’t every wife? One of the ways that drives him insane is the fact that I like a little bit of everything. This means I tend to want to order an appetizer, main meal, and dessert when we go out to dinner and have a few bites of each. Not entirely practical. Same thing goes when trying new products. I hesitate to go too far out of my comfort zone without knowing if I am going to like something. I HATE wasting. Just ask the coconut water still in my fridge that hasn’t been consumed.
It’s because of this that I find subscription boxes particularly intriguing. I mean … I get to try a bunch of new products for an affordable price? Sign me up! So when Bestowed asked if I wanted to try their box I said heck yes!
I got a ton of new fun things to try. The thing I like most about Bestowed is they are committed to sending products that are healthy and working with brands being chosen based on ingredients and nutrition. They even consider where the product is made and what kind of packaging is used. Looking at their list of brands I felt comfortable since I purchase items from many of them already.
Emmie gobbles up the smoothie pouch and fig bar before I even had a chance. The coconut butter was also pretty tasty! My mother-in-law took the olives which was fine because the spiciness probably would’t sit well with my preggo belly I am not sure what to do with the hemp hearts (side note: did you know hemp products are a banned substance in the Army? I can’t add them to anything Chris eats) so any ideas would be great!
Overall I think the Bestowed box is a pretty cool way to try some new products. Seeing posts from May April and May boxes makes me think this even more. They cost $19 per month which is an affordable way to try out a bunch of new things! You can sign up HERE.
**Eye Update: Thanks for your kind words on my eye yesterday. The retina specialist said I have a bleed behind my retina but it should in theory resolve itself. Probably due to my extreme nearsightedness combined with constant throwing up due to the hyperemesis. I go back next week for another scan so hopefully between now and then it starts to improve!
Do you participate in any subscription boxes? What are your favorites?
|June 6, 2013||Posted by Madeline @ Food, Fitness, and Family under Pregnancy|
So I am actually 14 weeks 4 days right now but better late than never right? Coming back from vacation knocked me on my booty. The 3-hour time change did my in! On top of that, I am dealing with a retinal hemorrhage right now and will be seeing an eye specialist today to see what’s up …. wish me luck! And please excuse the terrible photo – I took it Sunday after traveling all day the day before.
What is baby up to at 14 weeks?
- Baby is now the size of a lemon – or 3 1/2 inches and 1/2 an ounce
- Baby can squint, grimace, and make other facial expressions
How is mama doing?
Weight Gain: Sitting at -6 lbs so slowly but surely it’s coming back! I have been able to eat a bit more lately so I am sure that is helping.
Fitness: Nothing yet besides doing lots of walking on vacation. Hoping to get back into the swing of things soon.
Hymperemesis Update: I still have near daily nausea/vomiting but the frequency during the day seems to be subsiding a bit. I am getting really tired of getting sick but I have hope that it is on the tail end! Things still aren’t as bad as they were with Emmie for which I am thankful (1 ER visit this time compared to 5 last time).
- Lots of trips to the bathroom – Seriously … I feel like I have to pee all the time! Worst thing? This just gets worse from here haha.
- Dry, itchy skin - Totally new symptom from last pregnancy. My skin is incredibly dry in patches and itches like no other. Currently accepting remedy recommendations.
- Awesome fingernails - Another new symptom! My nails this time are really strong which is awesome since they are normally kind of weak. I’ll take it
- Cravings - Nothing definitive yet (other than my one day of bacon obsession)
Sleep: Sleep has been pretty good so far – I wake up when Chris gets up 4:45AM to use the restroom and then go back to bed. Still have some crazy dreams though!
Looking Forward To: Getting my eye looked at today. Having wonky vision in one eye is scary and uncomfortable! We also have an OB appointment Friday so I am looking forward to getting the final results from our NT testing. The ultrasound looked perfect (wee!!!!) but will get the blood test results at my appointment.
|June 5, 2013||Posted by Madeline @ Food, Fitness, and Family under Family|
|May 28, 2013||Posted by Madeline @ Food, Fitness, and Family under Pregnancy|
Hi friends! I hope everyone had a fabulous, long weekend and a safe and happy Memorial Day! Today is our last day in Phoenix before heading to Vegas tomorrow morning. We have LOVED spending time with our family and friends and have tons to catch you up on. First and foremost though, is the latest edition of Baking Baby 2!
What is baby up to at 13 weeks?
- Baby is the size of a shrimp – or about 3 inches long
- Fingerprints have developed!
How is mama doing?
Weight Gain: I am still sitting at minus 7 pounds, however my appetite is slowly coming back so I am sure this is going to start increasing soon! Fingers crossed
Pregnancy Fitness: While I haven’t had a formal workout yet, I have definitely been on the move in Phoenix. Between chasing a toddler, hanging out with my nephews and niece, and generally being on the go my activity level has increased. Playing in the pool helped too
- Nausea/vomiting is still happening though not quite as frequently. I have found that if my stomach is too full I instantly get sick.
- Sleep is a little allusive at night but I think some of that has to do with the time change.
- Cravings – BACON. I HAD to have bacon earlier this week. I choose not to admit how many slices I ate
Looking Forward To: Feeling some flutters! I feel like I have felt a few over the last few days but nothing definitive. Feeling those flutters makes all the sickness worth it
Have a great Tuesday everyone! I am off to soak up my last few hours with my family before having to say goodbye again